olga - chandler, Arizona

“Help Me Find a Groom”

I once got lost in a bridal magazine for an hour. I was flipping each page slowly admiring, wanting, and wishing to wear one of those dresses. Every time I would see a dress that I liked I would say to myself, “OooOo I love that one.” I sat there drooling over every dress, and I not until the last five minutes I stopped to think about marriage. I just sat there planning out an entire fantasy wedding. Well, there was one little problem to this fantasy wedding, no groom. The getting lost in bridal magazines led me to think about more than just having a perfect wedding.

For the past few weeks I have been thinking about marriage, and not about the actual wedding. Sure any one can make trough a wedding, but the real challenge is making it trough a marriage. I decided to ask a few people about marriage, and to my discovery I got answers that I didn’t think I would get. One said, “Why get married? It all ends in divorce,” and my favorite was, “Marriage is an outdated ritual.” What is this world coming to? I would have never thought people that I knew had such a negative view of marriage. I just figured it was something everyone eventually did.

I believe that marriage should last for ever. A marriage is a sacred bond held together by respect, love, and commitment. I want to someday find the man who will be my better half, my soul mate, and more importantly my best friend. I want to know that when I say “I do” it will be I do for the rest of my life. Marriage is a challenge, I know that. My parents have been married for 35 years. Yes, they have their good and bad moments, but they have stayed strong for so long. They are my example that marriage can last a life time.

Maybe the reason why divorce rate is 50% is because people don’t spend enough time getting to know each other, they are not ready, or they simply don’t believe in their marriages. Marriage is a life long commitment, and those that don’t think it is are setting them selves up for failure. Then there are those that say marriage is an out dated ritual, it’s not. If marriage is an outdated ritual, then is sex an outdated ritual as well? Sex goes as far back as marriage, but no one wants to stop doing that right? Marriage will never be an outdated ritual because as long is there is love there will always be marriage. So, I hope that one day I do get to plan my fancy fantasy wedding to celebrate the life long love with the man of my dreams. So, I will continue getting lost in those bridal magazines for hours at a time, and for now I just need to find my self a potential groom. Does anyone have any suggestions?