James - Dillon, Colorado

Faith, Family and Friends…

These are the three constants that get me through each and every day. Like others I have spent a lot of energy, over the years, struggling for acceptance and trying to find my place in the universe. Moving into my forties opened my eyes to the realization that most things I fought to change in life were totally out of my control. Acceptance of myself was one of the true revelations for me that opened my eyes to seeing the world very differently and finding inner peace. At the end of the day, I found that the only true acceptance I needed was through my faith and family. They have proven to be there no matter where I end up or stray. I have been further rewarded however, with wonderful relationships with others that I have made along the way. Most notably I have people that have been in my life for many years that I truly know would drop everything to be with me in my true hour of need…this support I believe is an incredible gift and a rarity. Further, one of my true loves in life is my little Westie (Salty), to which I have had the privilege of taking care of for 11 years and he brings an incredible amount of joy to my life. All in all, I believe that happiness is in what we have more than in what we don’t. I heard an old proverb, years ago that I believe is true for me, which simply states…

“Blessed is the one who can sing when the audience and orchestra have gone”

My interpretation of this is that who I really am in this world is not found when I am on stage before others, but found totally in the quiet moments of my life reflecting on God’s gifts and future for me…

This I believe…