Brandon - Papillion, Nebraska

There I was cruising down the interstate with the words:

“If you’re ready, I’m willing and able

Help me lay my cards out on the table

You’re mine and I’m yours for the taking

Right now the rules we made are meant for breaking”

I think to myself what can be better I have Bon Jovi blaring, I have the window down, I’ arm wrestling the wind, and it’s Friday. Then I come to a stop light and don’t press the accelerator at the exact instant the light turns green. I get the usual honk of the horn behind but then I get the bird along with it.

I smile and wave and get the double “your number one” sign. Then I wonder do crabby people wake up this way? I understand that there is a lot to be crabby about gas is outrageous, we are in a stupid war, people are shooting each other, and the many other heartaches of the world. However, at least in my life the same people are crabby all every day. Unless there was a death in your family, you got kicked in the groin, your partner left you, or you stubbed your toe what is there to be crabby about each and every day.

I believe that crabby people wake up each day to make sure you know they are crabby. They do not feel they accomplished the day’s mission until you know. They are kind of like super heroes. Their strength is they have the ability to make anyone in their way feel crappy and their kryptonite is kindness.

While I realize everyone gets mad about something but most people are not this way 24/7. Crabby people seem to hold a grudge about that blown tire they had three years ago on their way to work, or the time they got overcharged at that restaurant, or heaven forbid the time I didn’t go on green fast enough.

I have one request for you ole cabby person….for the most part your colleagues, your spouse, your children, your barber, your friends (if you have any), and even your spiritual leader don’t really want to hear it.

I believe cabby people are genuinely nice and happy people we just need to use our kryptonite and remind them.