Daryl - Cave Creek, Arizona
Themes: work

Persistent to Persevere

The babies that I have noticed sit on the ground all day. They will not be able to just get up and walk, they must grow first, and their bones must become stronger. Do not believe you can just have everything happen right away. Patience will bring great reward in life in becoming successful. Of course we all know babies are not born able to walk and to run right away, they must first learn to crawl, then stand, step, and soon be able to run as they become older and stronger.

This idea of step taking has given me a new view on life and how to become successful. I believe I must not jump into the midst of challenges I know I will not be able to accomplish right away. I know I must start from the beginning and work my way up the ladder, moving up one rung at a time. The first steps must be to find something I know I will be able to stick to and have the motivation to accomplish.

I must say I have experienced a time in my life fully knowing I could not accomplish a task, but attempted it anyway. I remember when I turned sixteen; I was hired at my first job at Ace Hardware. After a while, I wanted to become assistant manager of the store. I talked to manager about it and he immediately told me I haven’t the experience enough to carry out the position. I have worked there for about two years and I now realize that my manager had been right because I have learned so much more about the store and how it is run.

As Warren Buffet says “I do not look to jump over seven-foot bars. I look around for one-foot bars that I can step over.” This quote has also inspired me into believing I can become successful by looking for that one-foot bar to step over. I will accomplish nothing by immediately attempting to reach out and over those seven-foot bars. As I work up to the highest rung on the ladder, taking each step carefully, moving on when I am ready; my patience will be rewarded and I believe you can do the same too.