scott - cave creek, Arizona
Themes: forgiveness

2nd Chances

Everybody makes mistakes in life, a mistake is their for you to learn from it. I strongly believe in second chances. Everyone will make a mistake at least once in their life and of course their should be some kind of punishment, but it shouldn’t be anything that would be permanent for example, if a student in school runs his or her mouth to a teacher he or she should be smacked upside the head a couple of times and then receive a second chance, other then being suspended which would pull his or her grade down where it cant be made up. The first punishment should be just enough to give a warning.

I have made mistakes in my life and their were some in which I wished that I had a second chance. There have also been mistakes that I have made in which I have gotten a second chance, for example when I was little I used to go knock on peoples doors and run off. It wasn’t too long until someone called the cops and they came and picked me up. The police officer was nice and just called my mom to tell her what happen. My mom wasn’t so nice though and she grounded me. At the time I was mad because they grounded me but in the long run I glad that is all they did. I was lucky I got a second chance and I never did that again.

When I say that everyone deserves second chances, I don’t just mean with kids. I mean with school, parents, laws, and life in general. Don’t get me wrong I believe strongly in strict punishments, and because of this I believe that when somebody makes a mistake they should be punished and corrected but everyone deserves a second chance to do what is right.