Taylor - Cave Creek, Arizona

Laugh like there is no Tomorrow

Have you ever laughed so hard your abs hurt the next day? I know that I have…many times. I believe that laughing can be the cure for many things: A broken heart, the loss of a loved one, to break the ice, become closer with your friends, get a little un-stressed, and to make you smile like you never have before. I know that no matter what I am going through I can use a good laugh; you never know how much you need it.

I choose my friends very wisely, because I know that they will always be there for me, and know that they will be the one to crack me up, when I most need it. Laughing to me is one of the most important things in my life; if people didn’t laugh or have fun then they wouldn’t have a happy life. My parents have always brought me up to know that life goes on no matter what and that you need to make the best out of everything, its not worth getting stressed and its not worth wasting time on being mad at someone.

2006 was a very hard year for me; I lost a friend, an Uncle, and an Aunt all with in one year. I had a falling out with my family (which was worst of all). I thought about how people say, “Why is this happening to me?” and I thought to myself, that that is a very selfish remark. I thought about how I lost my uncle and then thought about how my Aunt lost her Husband, a great one, and thought about how they just lost their dad. It was very hard to think of that because it made me much sadder, but it gave me the heart that I needed to be there for them. I know that the only reason that they could make it was because they tried to look on the bright side, and make the best and have fun to keep their mind off of it. I knew to make sure that they had fun and could laugh so that they would know everything would be alright.

One thing that my dad has always been known for is turning a sad or angry moment into something funny. He is always there to make me laugh when I truly do need it the most. I like to think of him as the comic relief of the family. He is there to make a heated argument into something where you are clinching your abs because you can’t stop laughing.

There was a study done and the average person laughs 13 times a day. I think I successfully exceeded that every day. Laughing is a part of life, if you don’t get that good laugh in where your abs hurt the next day; then you aren’t living your life to the fullest. Never get too stressed or over worked because you’ll forget to laugh and to have fun and live your life to its fullest, because you never know what tomorrow may bring.