Royce - Renton, Washington

I believe in going green. From changing our sources of energy to changing what we drive there are many drastic changes we can do to significantly change the human footprint on this earth. Not only that but there are also many little things we can all do to make a major impact on the amount of co2 we produce annually. This makes going green a very easy thing to do.

The United States derives over half of its electrical power from coal releasing over 40% of total U.S. carbon dioxide emissions and spewing 59% of total U.S. sulfur dioxide pollution. This is the leading contributor to global warming, making a green and clean future looking further and further away. But it’s not as far as some may think. There are many clean sources of energy already in use such as hydro electric, wind, solar, and nuclear power. Even other countries such as Franc get over 90% of there energy from very clean nuclear power. And it is up to us to change our energy sources which will drastically change the way we impact the earth.

Gasoline one of the biggest addictions facing the US today, and with gas prices sky rocketing alternative fuels are becoming not only green but cheap. And the technology is there we just need to make the shift. There is already bio-diesel, electric, and cars that run sole off of air on the road today. But one of the biggest and most promising hydrogen powered cars with the only emission water are popping up every ware. Places all across the world are taking the initiative to break the addiction and replace gas stations with hydrogen stations.

Going green is even easier then some may think. Making drastic changes isn’t the only way to make a difference. Doing things as simple as turning the light off when leaving the room to turning the computer off at night can have a major impact. By doing simple energy saving things you can reduce your homes co2 output my thousands of pounds a year, which is a great start. Each and every one of us just needs to be more aware of what they do and the impact it has. Once we all do that going green will come naturally and easily.