Raymond - Sugar Land, Texas
Themes: Christianity

My faith is unique and different from all the other beliefs in this world. My faith is separate and intimate. My faith and belief is not in a religion, but rather in a relationship. This relationship that I talk about is between my heavenly Father and me, His creation.

I believe in the fact that my God sent His one and only son down to earth to grow and live among His creations. His son, Jesus, lived a sinless and perfect life. Taking His place on the cross where He died, Jesus took the punishment and pain that is rightfully ours. Yet three days later, he would rise up from the dead, conquering death and proving himself as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Taking our place on the cross and bearing the punishments of our sins, Jesus gave me and anyone else who would believe the opportunity to have eternal life with Him. I am firm in my belief that when I die, I will ascend into heaven, look upon my Lord’s loving face, and live with Him forever in the company of my fellow believers in heaven.

The love that God has shown me over these years of fellowship has greatly influenced and shown in my life. The teaching’s of Christ constantly surround and mold my lifestyle. God’s love for me is so much and so abundant that I feel that it is only right to try to shed some of that love on the people around me. I have traveled to Mexico on mission trips where I have seen God’s love for the poor and needy. I have seen how God can use me and my fellow believers in bringing joy and hope to the orphans. After helping build a house from the foundation up to the roofing shackles, I have seen a whole family come to know Christ and the never ending love and care that He blesses us with. I have also traveled to New Orleans where I witnessed the awestruck power of God’s hand with Hurricane Rita destroying the city. I saw the strength in faith that people held onto despite their homes and possessions being wiped away. I have experienced the love and relief that God can administer to those reaching out for help through those who hold and offer His love and grace. In fact, this summer, I will have the awesome chance to go to Uganda and Kenya to spread the love of Christ. I will be able to see first hand how dire the people of developing countries need the love and salvation of Christ Jesus.

Currently, my relationship with Christ is intimate and continually growing. His presence is always evident in my life. The comfort and care that He shows when I am heartbroken and the love and power that I feel overcome me when I worship Him confirms the presence and existence of my Lord Father.

“If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it”

– Matthew 16:24-25