Buddy - Scottsdale, Arizona

To get one thing across early is that I do not believe truth is relative. I do not believe that people can blur the line between right and wrong when it is definitely black and white. I see people everyday that just walk around on autopilot without any thought, aspiration, motive, or desire than stay on autopilot. I do believe that everyone has a purpose in life, some significant, some insignificant. But the insignificance of people’s lives is depressing. Obviously my view of life is vastly different. I know that I wasn’t put on this earth with the incredible parents that I do, with the athletic talent that I have, if it wasn’t for some significant reason. It could be insignificant, I don’t know, I could be a librarian after college, that is yet to be determined. What I do know is that I have high expectations of myself and I desire to live life to the fullest. No I don’t mean fullest by being high on meth. I mean fullest by doing things that people only have dreams or nightmares of doing. I mean winning an Olympic gold medal after years and years of training, I mean coming face to face with a great white shark and stare it down, climbing Mount Everest, killing a lion with your bare hands, go skydiving and have the parachute fail and still live, defeat cancer, have more than 5 bullet wounds, earn a million dollars before the age of 30, become completely homeless with no possessions to know the value of a dollar, hitch a ride on the back of a whale shark, become completely stranded on a remote island, stay happily married for the remainder of your life, surf a 90 ft wave, give life and take life. That’s living. I want to be that man who experiences no peace his entire life until his last moments when he realizes that he experienced more than anyone would dream of. And all those things I listed above are things I would actually love to do. I’m one of those people that values success over friends. Let’s face it, friends let you down. My dad has always told me that eagles always fly alone. And the path I intend on flying requires a lot of flying solo. I’m not your typical highschooler. I’ve never considered myself a part of the system. I’m above it, beyond it, not on the same equation. Me and the system do not mesh, my purpose is not to blend in and become a statistic, no matter how lonely or hard it may be. I don’t live to die but to achieve immortality. By becoming something worth remembering you become immortal. When the dust from my bones are blown away and gone I want my name to remain. When I think about individuals like Achilles, Odysseus, Beowulf, and even Jesus Christ are things of mere legend, but because of their influence on people their names will live forever. I even idolize the infamous Adolph Hitler for his ability to convince a great nation to become fascist and create a vendetta against the world. That’s influence. There it is, my life’s aspirations. Life is not about how many breaths you take but moments that take your breaths away and immortality.