Eric - scottsdale, Arizona

Almost everyone wants to get married when they get older. A lot of times people want to get married earlier than later so they can still be in decent physical condition to play with their kids. Nobody thinks of getting divorced but ironically enough 50% of Americans marriages end in divorce. If you knew this, would it change your mind on getting married or make you consider having a longer relationship before settling down with someone?

I believe that marriage should be between a man and a women, and you should love this person enough to want to spend the rest of your life with them. I have a sister and I can barely live with her for 18 years. I love her to death but there is just no way I could spend the rest of my life living with her. Knowing this, there has to be someone special out there that I can bare for the rest of my life. I do believe that there is someone out there for everyone. That doesn’t mean that you may mess it up and not see that person ever again, but there is someone for everyone. The bible talks a lot about marriage and says the exact same thing. I am a strong believer in Christ and know that god has someone important picked out specifically to share my life with. I may not know the person until I am very old, but I do believe there is someone out there for me.

If I had a choice, I would like to get married in my mid-to-late 20’s. I choose this time frame because I plan of having kids someday and at this time I will be finished with college. I will have started my own practice and making a good living that can provide for a family. This is also a time where I will be healthy and still able to play with my kids. I feel that it is important for kids to be able to interact with there parents. My dad has always been there for me and all I did when I was little, was have a ball in my hand and waited until he came home to play ball. This meant the entire world to me and I want my kids to be able to experience the same feeling. My dad loved to play sports and I have been on several different sporting teams with him such as: softball and basketball. I would always have friends come up to me and ask me what I was doing for the weekend and I told them that I was playing ball with my dad. My friends thought that was coolest thing that I played with my dad and some of them told me that they wish their dad would do the same with them. This made me feel really good about the relationship I had with my father and made me realize how important it is. This was important to me because I am a guy and I feel that the mother should be there just the same way for their daughter.

I would like to marry someone who is physically active and takes care of themselves. I plan on living a long and healthy life, so I want my wife to be at my side. I feel that the male should earn most of the earnings in the house and the women should help out in necessary. If I had it my way, I would be able to make enough money to support my family and my wife would be able to stay at home and take care of the kids. For me it was very important to participate in a lot of sports and activities as a kid. I want to see that my kids get to share the same experience. This does mean that I will need to work hard because it is not cheap to let your kids play sports and be involved in activities. Especially when prices continue to increase as the world goes round. I feel that my wife should have the same viewpoints that I do. I think it is important that we come to agreements with topics like this.

I know that there is someone out there for me no matter how old I am. I know that things happen for a reason and god has a plan for my life. I can’t wait to get to know this person because she must be such a special person. Besides she is going to marry me right? So she has got to be pretty special.

Frank Sinatra

Love and Marriage

Love and marriage, love and marriage

Go together like a horse and carriage

This I tell you brother

You cant have one without the other

Love and marriage, love and marriage

Its an institute you cant disparage

Ask the local gentry

And they will say its elementary

Try, try, try to separate them

Its an illusion

Try, try, try, and you will only come

To this conclusion

Love and marriage, love and marriage

Go together like a horse and carriage

Dad was told by mother

You cant have one without the other

I like this song because it shows that if you love your husband/wife enough, nothing can separate you and you are meant to be together forever. Also simply the fact that they go together perfectly and one should not exist without the other.

“Don’t marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can’t live without”. ~Dr. James C. Dobson

I feel that this person is exactly right. I feel that you should know when the time is right and the feeling will be that you can not live without this person.