Samantha - Richmond, Kentucky

This I believe…

I believe in dreams. I believe that no matter how far or how hard your dreams may seem that you can reach them in time and great effort. Walt Disney once said “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” Every person has desire to accomplish something whether it is learning to read or conquer a great fear, it is a personal dream to accomplish it.

One of my dreams was to graduate high school and then proceeded to go to college. I accomplished both I graduated in May of 2006 and enroll at Eastern Kentucky University that following fall. Graduating high school was just a small goal of mine. It was not very hard because I truly loved high school. For others however it is a huge accomplishment. For example my cousin, she hated high school and it was a struggle for her to even attend, but no matter how much she hated it she was determined to graduate and she did so. After high school she however did not attend college. She decided to peruse her life long dream and that is to write a book. People’s dreams vary from one to another just like my cousin and I. We are both inspired and driven by many things that push us harder in life. Our dreams push us forward; without anything to push you to do something great.

A dream can keep you grounded to your foundation. A dream can push you over your edge, out of your comfort zone, and into a world of opportunities. A dream is something you wish to attain, sometimes big, sometimes small either one it is a personal goal you wish to fulfill. . A dream is something I truly believe in. I have accomplished many and have many more to accomplish. They push me to succeed at all times in life. They give me hope that I can do what I truly want to do. My new dream as a college student is to become a nurse and work in pediatrics. I know that nursing is very hard and stressful but it’s also very rewarding. I know that there are many obstacles that may be put in my way to stop or slow me down on my path to success, but this only helps to push myself forward in obtain my dream and put my dream into reality for me.