Lydia - Longmont, Colorado

I believe life is too short not to get out and take chances. I do my best to live like my life could end tomorrow, because I know that life could end at any time. For all I know, I could die tonight.

I believe in getting out, taking chances, and not hesitating in doing what you really want to do. I experience life while I can and take advantage of every moment that I have. I set goals for myself and strive to go beyond those goals. I am graduating from high school in a few weeks, I have amazing friends. And we don’t hesitate in getting out and having fun. We have our traditions for every summer. We go up to the mountains and go camping, where we run around enjoying our freedom. We have yearly trips to Six Flags, and here in about a year, we plan on having enough money to go to Hawaii for my friend’s graduation. I just try to enjoy my life, and I spend my free time doing things that I love to do.

Life could end at any moment. My friend Betsy would have turned 15 just recently, but almost a year ago she got into a fatal car accident that killed her instantly. She lived life to its fullest extent while she was alive. She traveled across the world to Ukraine with me and a few other teens from our youth group. We were constantly goofing off, staying up late and laughing about random stuff or talking about serious topics. I know that she enjoyed life while she was with us, which makes it somewhat easier for me to let her go, although I still really miss her.

This I believe, you should live like you could die in the next 24 hours. Get the most that you can from life while you are young. That just means that when you are older, you will have more stories to tell your children. I believe that you should give yourself time to just have fun, go out with friends, and do the things you have always wanted to do.

I have lived my life this way for the past few years since one of my other friend Donnie died in a bad car accident. I realized how quickly life could end. It was a harsh wake up, that anyone can die at anytime. Being young does not mean that my life will be spared. Since then I’ve done my best not to regret stupid things that I have done, rather look at them as learning experiences. If you don’t try something, then you are never going to know what it was like. You miss out on that learning experience. If it benefits me, then I didn’t lose anything anyways. Either way, I get something out of everything I try.

Live life to its fullest extent and with no regrets. This I believe.