Aaron - longmont, Colorado

This I believe

I believe in experiencing. I believe that experiencing things is a fundamental of life, and that every experience makes you stronger.

I believe in experiencing. I was about 11 or 12 years old and my brother had attempted suicide, my brother tried to hang himself by an extension cord. This experience was horrible, that my brother was living such a bad life at 13 years old to attempt suicide. I love my brother to death and don’t know what I would do without him. He and I have gone through everything together. I believe that this experience itself taught me that no matter how bad things are they will always get better.

I’m a senior in high school and am 17 years old. Earlier this year it seemed that karma was just kicking me and kicking me for things I didn’t even do. I first had gotten a suspension for smoking on grounds, which was my fault. Later that year, I went to lunch with some of my friends just like a normal day. My friends started to smoke marijuana, I told them that I had a bad feeling about it and they shouldn’t do it, later to find out all of us getting pulled from our classes the next hour. We all were busted for possession of marijuana, I know that it seems as if I shouldn’t get in trouble for it and I could just take a UA and come clean, well I happen to not smoke that day, but did in the past week, so I would fail the test therefore no way to prove my innocence and was suspended for 5 days.

I get home to see my parents fighting constantly and talking about getting a divorce, I feel as if all of this is my fault, because I was getting into so much trouble in school and at home that the topics of the fights were me. I then withdraw from my high school and change schools in the middle of my senior year. I thought that my life was over because I have never been in so much trouble. That experience showed me that if I could live through that I could live through everything.

I am now living a great life up at my dads house. I am getting by just fine, nothing could be better. That experience taught me that no matter what the situation is, you will come out of it a better person if you make the best of it.

I believe in experiences, I am trying to tell you that no matter hard your life is or something your going through is, you will make it through and will learn from it and become a more strong caring person then you were before.

This I believe.