kristi - lockport, Illinois

I believe in the importance of friends. I owe most of my happiness to them. They have such a great impact on my life and it would not be nearly as fulfilling without them. Hanging out with my friends is always fun because we love to goof off. What makes my friends so great is that I can totally be myself around them. This particular group of friends I am referring to is “the crew.”

I am the type of person who loves to be around people. Throughout my life, I had several groups of friends, but none compare to “the crew.”

When I was a sophomore, I played badminton and became friends with three girls. I started to hangout with them and their other friends. As the year went on, some people left the group, but a few more joined. My girlfriends’ boyfriends started to become part of the group, as well as my boyfriend. Especially during junior and senior years, we all became really close. High school was amazing because we hung out every weekend having bonfires, parties or going to the movies. Last summer was the best of my life because of my friends. There were so many graduation, pool and birthday parties to go to. I always had someone to hangout with and was always on the run. One time, at a “crew” member’s house, we were all sitting around a bonfire. I remember looking around at everyone laughing, joking around and having fun. I could not help but to smile because my friends made me so happy to be with them.

Sometimes, we get really corny and say that we all love each other, and that we are the greatest group of friends any one could ask for. My friends are so great because they are all loyal, trustworthy, understanding, funny, compassionate, and easy going. We are a very affectionate group. We love to hug, and I love that about my friends. That is why we all feel special when we are together. We love each others’ company and never get sick of any one. The times I am with “the crew” are some of the best ever. I get this feeling inside that is hard to describe, but it feels like everything is perfect, and a wave of happiness comes over me. I know the whole “crew” feels the same way as me.

Without my friends, my life would be dull, depressing, and sad. They make me feel loved and happy. There’s always a “crew” member to turn to or hangout with. There was this one time, when my boyfriend and I had a fight; some of my friends were there to help me. They talked to me about it all, made me feel much better, and then helped me forget about the problem. “The crew” is my second family. Because of my amazing friends, my life is really spectacular.