Aaron - Gilbert, Arizona

Hmm….. I don’t know

I believe that I don’t know what I believe in. I don’t know if there is a God or not. If there is a heaven and hell. Or if it’s all over when we die and there is nothing else, that’s it I hope you did what you wanted because now its over. There is no one there to pat you on the shoulder and say “Hey good job, you lead a good life welcome to heaven my names Peter I’ll be your after life events coordinator”. I guess that I imagine it going, something like that. Oh and if you don’t make it to heaven you get cast down to hell. Where you are greeted by the character off of the devil’s food can, who insists on poking you with his pitchfork while laughing hysterically. I only know that I am here now. Living the only life I know is real, so I might as well make the most of it and do something fun with the little time I have left here. I think back to all the time I have wasted doing what others have wanted me to do and see where it has gotten me. I am not saying to ignore what everyone else says I mean sometimes people do have good advise.

One of the oldest memories I have is just such an instance. I must have been four or five years old because we were still living in California at the time. The memory is getting faded but the lesson is still fresh in my mind. It was mid afternoon and I was out front of our house with my father. I can’t remember what exactly he was doing but I was playing with a Hot Wheels or something. My father sees me getting close to an ant hill and tells me “Don’t step in that”. Well of course as a child what is the first thing that comes to your mind, yeah that’s right “I have got to step in that”. Well me being a rather cunning child I waited for him to go around the corner before stepping in it. Well you can imagine the rest, but the lesson I learned that day is that some advise is good. However your not going to know it was good unless you put your whole leg in the ant hill and find out for yourself.