Ryan - Geneva, Ohio

I Believe in a Better Tomorrow

Life is never easy most people will tell you. Its hard no matter how good of a life you live. There will always be things that bring people down. But as you go through all the suffering and pain of life you will also see the light at the end of the tunnel. That light is a better tomorrow that will always save you from the hardships of this world.

I know from personal experiences that life gets really hard. Back when I was in middle school I was just the chubby kid, who girls wouldn’t even think twice about ditching. They thought as me as the dorky, ugly, fat kid who tried to hard to get a girlfriend.

I thought I would be able to turn to my friends for some comfort though. But most of my friends treated me like I wasn’t even part of their group. I only had a select few friends that felt the same way as me and it turns out those are the ones I still hangout with till this day.

My family seemed to be the only solution to make life a little better. But my grandma became very ill with cancer. She was very sick and she had to have a lot of chemotherapy. My immediate family was always fighting. We would argue over everything. We would turn holidays into World War III. My little sister became the worst problem child I have ever known. She developed an eating disorder, started stealing, doing drugs and making my parents’ lives a lot harder. Life was at its lowest and thought it would only get worse. But I never gave up in life. I just kept living my life and hoped for the best.

Years later I grew up and got out of my chubby form. I started to slim down because of sports. And women found me more attractive when I did so. I met new friends that treated me like my own and I kept the few that were with me from the start.

My grandma got better as she did lots of chemotherapy and the cancer went into remission. She’s still breathing today and living today. She realized that tomorrow will bring her a better day and she never gave up.

My family still fights today but mostly over my sister. She’s still committing crimes, doing drugs, and still has the eating disorder. My parents still constantly worry about her but we are all hopeful for a better tomorrow. We know one day she will change for the best.

No matter how hard life gets. Don’t ever give up. No problem(s) is/are worth ending your life over. Fight through and just wait it out for tomorrow. Just wait because tomorrow will always bring a better day.