Richard - Niles, Ohio

I believe that a driver’s license is too easy to get. Most people simply should not be allowed to drive. Being in control of a 2000 pound weapon of mass destruction is a lot of responsibility. The truth is most people don’t see it that way. To them driving is a necessary, when actually it is a privilege, not a right. There is no law protecting anybody’s right to drive.

I believe the states should definitely change the legal driving age from 16 to 18 years of age. Young kids don’t have the necessary motor skills or concentration to drive. There should also be a band of any type of electronic use while driving, this includes cell phones. I see people, especially the younger, all the time that must be thinking that they are in a phone booth, and not a vehicle driving down the road. These people are so involve in talking on the phone they are paying no attention to what is right in front of them.

I believe most wrecks are not accidents. When it is caused by driver not paying attention, which is not accidental A true accident is something that happens that is out of any kind of control. But when something happens just because that person wasn’t do what is suppose to be done at that time, and then it is neglect, not an accident. It is a sad thing that a lot of people die in automobile wrecks, due to their own fault.

I believe more people in this country should take the time to get out of the car and just walk. I don’t understand is why people feel the need to drive everywhere. I know of people who will get in their car on a beautiful day to drive 2 blocks to the store. The only exercise these people get are getting is getting in and out of a vehicle 20 times a day. It is no wonder that America is the fattest nation in the world. I understand that there are times when other issues, like time, weather and distance, are effecting how much people drive. It’s like some people are just addicted to driving, sometimes with out any real reason.

I believe there should be a better mass transit system that is easier and cheaper to use. With the way gas prices are raising, I think that soon there will be no choice. I’ve heard of the elderly being force to choose between eating and buying the medication that is needed. Soon people will be being force to choose between eating and putting fuel in their vehicle. What a choice? And all the while the greenhouse gas from the burning of these fuel oils is killing our planet.