Mark - austintown, Ohio
Themes: nature, pleasure

I believe in the power of grass and its significance in my life and I think that numerous mainstream Americans share my belief in grass. I suppose that I have developed into a grass aficionado. I have come to love how it affects my frame of mind. During the winter months, I long for the days when the grass is green and inviting. I believe the young too old should get pleasure from grass. I have enjoyed grass much of my life. You may well know somebody, or perhaps yourself, that has this passion for grass. I can call to mind the first time that the scent of grass intrigued my senses. I was in grade school and the janitor drove by an open window leaving behind the aroma of grass. As a child, I can remember my grandparent’s raving about how they just loved the grass on the golf course. I tried the grass at a few golf courses but I always found that I would get quite thirsty out there. I reckon that if I was not wandering around the course looking for something to hit I could spend more time enjoying the grass. Although, some people enjoy grass because of the pressure from those around them and feel they need to roll in it to fit in. It took many years for my passion with grass to become addiction. Until I accepted that, my belief in grass has for the most part guided my everyday life. As I was growing up, I hated having to help my dad take care of his grass. This attitude is one that many folks have. They enjoy what grass offers but dislike having to handle the duties that come with it. During my childhood, my friends and I would hit the grass hard throughout the summer. It got a little tricky when I would come home with grass on me; I would have to sneak into the house so that my mother would not find it on me. I now find myself spending a lot of time and money just so I can have the best grass on my block. A few people will say, “Stay off the grass,” these folks just do not comprehend that grass is should be enjoyed by the masses. It will cost you a premium for high-quality grass; I still believe it is worth it. I have seen my elderly neighbor putting a white powder on his grass I presume that it improves his grass in because everyone claims he has the preeminent grass in town. However, I have seen better, it was on opening day of the baseball season I went to Jacobs Field to see the Cleveland Indians with some friends. On the way, one of the guys kept saying how great the grass is at the stadium. When we got there, I was amazed at just how superior their grass was. My belief with grass has taken me down a windy road looking for greener pastures nevertheless; I feel that the trip was worth it. So you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!