Taylor - Ventura, California

My Annoying Friend

Many people have these friends and I know I have quite a few. Annoying friends usually talk way too much about stuff I can’t understand. They do stuff that really bother you. These friends are those who you wouldn’t want to hang with for a long time; I have one that I can. Though times are hard when we are mad at each other, but most of the time we are messing around. This annoying friend is the closest thing to me. Her name is Kelly and she is my 13 year old sister, younger but still a friend.

My sister and I get along well on a good day. Some days I don’t want to be bothered and others she doesn’t want to be bothered. Seem normal right? Think again. My sister feels that it is my job to do certain things during the week, like take out the trash. I took out the trash and didn’t put a trash bag back in the trashcan. My sister kept nagging me to put one in every time she went to throw something away. She always asked me when I was busy, yet she had no effort to do it herself, when clearly she was the one using it more often. Once again I end up putting one in when it was convenient, just so she would stop nagging me. Though this only happens once in a while we still get along quite well, even when she is aggravating. We play soccer in the street and jump on the trampoline together. I tell her things about Foothill, which she doesn’t what to go to, and she tells me things about her school. When our parents don’t understand what we are talking about she usually knows what I am trying to say or she makes me sound crazy just to be mean.

I love my sister but don’t show it and she does the same. I know she loved me when we were little because I gave her all my old clothes so I can go buy new ones. I love her even if I am mad at her. I tell on her if she is bothering me and she does the same. We often do this to get rid of each other. Now that we are older telling to get someone in trouble is less likely, we make the punishment for each other. Evelyn Loeb once said that “We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory.” I am stuck with my sister and I have no other siblings, yet the best thing about having a sister is that I will always have a best friend, even when our family goes on vacation. She is the one to go swimming with, one to ditch the parents, and one just to have an overall great time. A sister is a sister it would not be fun to not have one.

Amy Li said “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” I know my sister and I will be close because of our relationship now, but you never know, we could get into a fight. I think that we will always live close, probably in Ventura because it is one of the best places to live. I love her as if she was a best friend I would treat her like a best friend and stick up for her and hopefully we will always be called friends and not sisters. I believe a sister can be a friend.