Leonard - youngstown, Ohio
Themes: children, purpose

Destiny isn’t Negotiable

Not everyone is born with a purpose. People like to believe that everyone is created equally and everyone can play their part in making the world whatever it is that they want to make it, but that isn’t a possibility for some. Some of us were just born to die. I know this because my little cousin died at the age of one week, what was her purpose in life? When that happened I stopped believing in everyone being created equally. She didn’t have a chance to change the world of give any type of contribution, her life was taken from her before she ever got a chance to begin it. Some would try to make the case that her purpose was to make the parents pay for something they had done in their past or a test of faith but I say it’s neither. I say some of us are born to do great things and some of us are just merely here taking up space.

I feel as though my life is already predetermined, not that I don’t have free will but it’s basically like the first son of a king. When his father dies he has the choice to not become king but it is already predetermined that he will be king. I’m a nineteen years old college student with two children living in a one bedroom apartment, great thing just aren’t what my future seems to hold. I could be wrong and I hope that I am but I won’t know until it’s time for me to. If I am meant to do great things then I will be put in positions to do those things, and if not I guess I’ll just have to be satisfied with what I have already been blessed with.

If hard work was all that there was to success then why aren’t there more successful people? My father has had to work hard his entire life and he still at age forty-five isn’t a successful man. At any give point in his life he has up to three jobs at a time but still he struggles to get by. No matter how much hard work you do without opportunity succession is impossible.

As my daughter grows up and when she asks me if she can be president, I will look her right in the eye I tell her she can be whatever it is that she wants to be. Now I know that my daughter will never be president that’s just the way life is, no matter how bad she wants it or how hard she work that just not going to be her purpose in life. I believe that she will accomplish great things in her life, and that it is already decided what and when she will do them.

The future is predestined. From the moment I was born it was already determined just what I would and wouldn’t accomplish. Life is a game of luck, either you win or you lose.