Alissa - Johnson City, Tennessee

A single mother discovers she is pregnant; the news comes at what seems to be the worst possible time. When her baby girl arrives, she realizes what a blessing she has received, as she has always wanted a little girl. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

A man and his wife get a divorce. He is devastated, but soon after the divorce, he becomes best friends with the woman who will one day become his wife and his true love. Although his life was ripped apart by the divorce, his later marriage to this woman brought him more joy than would have been possible in his first marriage. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

A family is uprooted from their home state by a job offer that was too good to refuse. Another job transfer a year and a half later requires yet another move, bringing the family to the other side of the country. The income from the new job allows the children to participate in horseback riding, tae kwon do, and gymnastics, variations of which the children would still enjoy ten years later. All members of the family gain wonderful, supportive friends – far more valuable than any gain which had been expected from this move. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

A boy begins dating a new girl at the grocery store where he works. She soon moves away to go to college, but continues the relationship. Soon after she moves back home, his mother is diagnosed with cancer. The relationship lasts until his mother’s chemotherapy is complete, then it dissolves. I believe everything happens for a reason.

A girl gets a job at a grocery store after graduating from high school. She and a boy who works there begin a relationship which lasts through her third semester of college. Through the pain she experiences during this relationship, she comes to know and trust Jesus. She moves back home in time for her boyfriend’s mother to be diagnosed with cancer. Though the relationship ends soon after she begins to attend the university near her home, her friends and family are there to support her. Her university courses encourage her to begin pursuing an enjoyable career, rather than one that will bring in the most money. Now, she trusts more fully in God, becomes involved with a campus ministry, decides to join a wonderful new church, and has made many amazing friends. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

A man travels the country preaching damnation for all sinners. Luckily, at one of his stops, many people preach God’s steadfast love alongside him. The event gets people talking about what the true message is, and brings an opportunity for many to hear the truth of the Gospel. I believe everything happens for a reason.