Margaret - Provo, Utah

I know that there are approximately six and half billion people on this earth. I am only one small speck. I know that if I look around me I can get lost in a mass of confusion and of life going on around me. I know that in my lifetime I will not meet or get to know even a small fraction of this earth’s population. I believe that though I may just be a small speck that I can still make a difference. I have a dear friend who often tells me that because of me his whole life has been altered. I don’t see how and I don’t understand what I could have done but, I believe him. Just being a friend can change a life and in turn change many more lives. Simple things can change the world. I often feel that I’m trying to help someone and not really doing any good at all. I’ve found that you help people the most when you’re not even trying. I know that I can’t change the world but I can improve what surrounds me. It’s not important that I won’t meet everyone. What is important is that I try to leave the people I meet better than before I met them. I believe that I can make a difference. I’m not just a speck; I’m a daughter, a friend, a lover of laughter, a believer in God! I am MORE than a speck and I CAN make a difference.