Traci - Amarillo, Texas
Themes: love

I believe in love.

I met the man of my dreams at the young, ripe age of 17. The day that Brett walked into that room was the day I surrendered myself to the hands of love. As a young, teenage girl entering her senior year in high school, I was reluctant to jump into a relationship that I knew was going to mature into something life changing. I believed in that moment, when I looked into his breathtaking, brown eyes, my life would forever be sent into an upward spiral high into the clouds of heaven.

I had fallen in love with this boy that I had only known for an hour. Love is all that I have known for the past two years and I can only wonder how I ever lived so long without it. How somebody so amazing could walk into a room and steal my heart within a matter of minutes is beyond me. A buzzed haircut, green shirt, jeans, busted lip and a little sister hanging on to his every word, was all it took.

He moved in such a way that I couldn’t possibly keep my eyes off of him for a second. This I believe is love. We talked until the sun came up and we’ve been together ever since. He has the most gentle heart anyone could ever imagine having. His eternal love for his family is something he shows, and not many people are brave enough to do so. Love is all he knows how to do.

So, why do I believe in love? I believe in love because without it, I am nothing. Without love, I have no spirit and no life. Brett is my life. Our devotion to each other is one that cannot be shaken. I love him because he has many flaws, and he is absolutely ok with that. Spike Lee once said, “I think people who have faults are a lot more interesting than people who are perfect.” I thrive off of his imperfections, because that allows me to feel as though it’s all right if I disappoint him. He will love me regardless.

This I believe is love. I believe in a love so pure it will keep me happy all the days of my life. I cherish every moment of bliss that I have with my fiancée….my future husband. Love is all we know of each other. I live an enchanted life with Brett. This I believe is love.