Dustin - Johnson City, Tennessee

I thought that the day that I graduated from college would never come. For years, it has seemed the day was so distant that it would never happen. Now the day I graduate from college is just a few days away, and I am wondering where time has gone. It just seems like yesterday that I was in elementary school waiting for time to hurry and pass. Like most other kids, I just wanted to be older. All I could think about was getting my drivers license and hanging out with my friends. In a few short years, I got what I had wished for, but the newness of my freedom soon grew old. Now I wish time would slow down. Life seems to be happening so fast that it is hard to enjoy the moment of today. Sometimes I think that it would be wonderful if I could just go back to the carefree days of all play and no responsibilities. It is funny how life changes. When you are a child, all you can think about is growing up. When you grow older, it would be great to be able to go back into time. I guess all humans are never truly satisfied. We always seem to want to be in a time other than the present. We are always focusing on either the future or the past. Lately, I often find myself thinking, “Now what is my goal in life”. For twenty-three years, my life goal has been to make it through college. I never really thought about what my goal would be after college. Sure, I plan to start a career, but what will be my life goal? I do not have the answers, but I am sure that I will find the answer by living in the present, not in the past or future. In four days, I will graduate from college, another milestone of my life achieved. However, I wonder if I never learn to live in the present, can I truly enjoy life to the fullest. In four days, I graduate from college.