Christopher - El Paso, Texas

“This I Believe”

I believe that people should take advantage of the opportunities they are given in life. For instance when people or a person is given the chance to apply say for FAFSA early, they don’t take that opportunity, they rather wait till the last moment to do this. Also when people can get scholarships by applying or turning in an essay online. They don’t take that chance to apply, because they are lazy or because they think it’s a waste of time. When really it could help you in the future by getting some money for college that way you get your college paid for or half of it paid for. I regret not applying for FAFSA and scholarships earlier this year that way I wouldn’t have to worry about it right now and just worry about my classes but now I have to do my FAFSA before it gets to late to turn it in, but I didn’t take the opportunity to do my FAFSA, now I can’t get as much money as before. That’s why I believe people should take advantage of the opportunities given to you in life that way your not left out to dry in the long run of life.

I also believe that you should take advantage of the education u can get from 1st all the way to your senior year in high school because it is free and you can get a lot out of it in the long run if you pay attention. Once you graduate from high school and you want to keep going with your education you’re going to have to pay for it, don’t get me wrong the education is even better in college but some people don’t have to sufficient funds to cover the cost of college, even if it was at a community college or a local university near by. That’s why I believe that you should take advantage of the education given to you in high school, that way if you get the chance to go to college you at least have a high school diploma.