Jackie - El Paso, Texas

Jackie Senclair

5th pd.

I believe that there’s a Bright side in every situation.

Like most parents who are concerned of their children’s safety, my parents are right on it. However teens these days aren’t fully aware of how dangerous it is to lie to your parents about they are with their friends on any random Friday night. It’s always best to be safe than sorry, because in the end you can never appreciate life to the fullest until it’s almost gone. I believe that there’s a bright side in every situation even when it comes to losing our materialistic belongings.

I was on my way to a friend’s birthday party on a street named Leroy Bonse, or so my parents thought. Where I was really going to was a desert bonfire. My dad didn’t want me to go to the so called birthday party, because it was on a bad neighborhood, still my mom convinced him to let me go. So off I went my two month old Dooney and Bourke purse that I’d saved up for two months to finally buy, my house keys, and my id card. Once we got to the desert we stayed there for maybe an hour and a half, until the cops got there, everyone flocked to their cars like a bunch of pigeons. Once I arrived at the car I noticed that the window was opened. But then when I got in and closed the door, I heard a shatter like glass. When I reached down hoping my purse was still there, it was no where to be found. The car got broken into and ALL of our belongings were stole, including my $200 purse. At that moment I wished I would have listened to my dad and stayed home. But I was thankful that we were all ok and none of us got hurt. The car was still able to start and so we went home. It was hard to break the news to my parents the next day and the first and only thing my parents told me about that subject the next day was “I told you so! But look on the bright side, its better to be safe than sorry.”

Some people may lose their car keys but have a spare, but losing something I saved up for is better than getting hurt. Its true life is all about taking risks, because no matter what it’s always best to look on the bright side, to get you through the rest of your day. If you lose something that’s really important to you, moping around isn’t going to bring it back, something good and maybe different will come as a replacement.