Jose - El paso, Texas

I believe

I believe in being a good father. I say that because I am a father already. I have a four month baby girl. I named her Jocelyn Anna Montes. She was born on December 21, 2006, and from that day on my life had changed from that point. She has changed everything around me. She made me a more responsible person. She is the reason I am trying harder in school to graduate. She keeps motivated in the times that are bad every time I think about her. Ever since she was born, I also became an even harder worker for her so she would never be missing her pampers wipes and whatever she needs. I grew up in some hard times and that is what makes me try harder for her every time. I don’t want her to go through the things I went through. I want her to become a better person than me.

This is an experience that feels very different than any other one. One reason would be because your child that has been waiting for nine months is finally introduced into this world. Something so innocent that needs guidance through out her life. That feeling feels like you have just been bathed in a tub of happiness.

Now that I have my own child is very different because I used to take care of my little brother and sister. I would take care of them when they were smaller. I personally think that everybody should know how to take care of a baby and be a responsible parent. This time it’s much more different in a sense because I love my daughter and I would give up my life for her. That is why I try not to get into any kind of problem that would keep me away from her.

I have devoted my life to her in a way that would give her a good future. In every Childs life they need a father figure and this case I’m hers.