Christopher - Arundel, Maine

I believe in a College Education

Statistics have shown that a person with only a high school degree will make approximately 1.2 million dollars in their lifetime. I believe, however, I can do better than that. That is why I believe in a college education is the key to be happy, successful, and able to reach your highest potential in life. I would like to go to college and make four-hundred thousand dollars more in a lifetime than a person who only went on to get their high school diploma. I want to be able to show my family how hard my work ethic is and be able to support them in everything they would like to pursue.

Every person I have came across in my lifetime, whether they have gone to a two-year trade school or went to college for an eight-year medical degree, they enjoy what they do. Since they strived for success by going on to college, they have seen the effects of what a good education can bring to a person. If you like a challenge, college can bring that to you. I would not like to be working a minimum paying job the rest of my life, while there are bills at home that must be paid promptly at the end of each month. Getting a college education not only makes you feel good at the end of the day, but it gives you the sense of accomplishment. A college education can also give you a solid foundation for when you get out into the working world. After all, you are more likely to get hired when they see on your resume that you have gotten your business degree.

Although college is a very different atmosphere then high school and some people may be hesitant about the 30,000 dollars in loans that you must pay for every year you are in college. The good thing about going to college though is that you will be able to find a good job so you can pay off those loans quickly. While although someone might choose to get a job right out o high school instead of stay in school, they are not reaping the benefits that someone will if they go to college. If you don’t go to college you will also be paying more bills than someone who has gone to college because you are out into the real world four-years faster than everyone else.

There are exceptions. Many successful people have not gone on to college but still can have very good jobs. I, however, am not going to take my chance, because I believe that a college education is the foundation for the rest of your life.