Abraham - El Paso, Texas

I believe that music can help someone escape reality and the real world. Losing my cousin this past year was very hard for me. Walking into the hospital and the first thing I see are tears running down the faces of my aunt, mom, and cousin Frankie was the worst feeling I ever had in my life. I had no idea what was going on but just looking at them I already knew what had happen. I couldn’t believe it, how could he have passed away so young. It felt like it was just yesterday we were all playing football at the park and after go party at his house. Now he was gone and that was never going to happen again. Later that night I was laying in bed thinking of all the time we had spent together then I put in the Nas c.d. which had always helped me get through the worst of times and begun to let my mind wonder. I got lost in his words the lyrics flew through my mind and all the pain and sorrows were gone for that moment listening to him rhyme. There were no worries for me as I listened to him and it helped me feel better even if it was just for that short time, it felt good to be like that. Music has influenced me in many ways and has given me a way to get away from everything when I’m going through the hard times or even just when I am having a bad day. It has always been there for me and I know that I wouldn’t be the same person without it.