John - Hainesville, Illinois
Themes: peace

I Believe in Peace Through Power. This is how it has been throughout the world for as long as the world has been around. I believe that any country in the world will always be going to war to get what they want, whether it be land, or some resource like oil. Why can’t the world live in peace forever? Every time a country want’s to take over some land they have to go to war. They can’t just leave that land alone, they have to be greedy and fight for it.

This was how War World I & World War II was. For example, War World II was started when Hitler invaded the Sudenland and took it over. This plunged the world into another long war that too six years to end. The only way that peace was attained was through the Allies flexing there power and winning the war. I wish it could have happened diplomatically, because maybe countless lives would have been saved if all of the countries that were involved hadn’t had to go to war. But this did not happen and this becomes juts one of the many examples of how peace through power became a big theme.

Even in today’s world it seems the only way we are going have peace is through power. Take the war the United States is in today. They are trying to go after the terrorists’ and make Iraq a democracy. But the only way that the U.S is going to end this war and bring some peace to that country is through there military might.

Another example would be the events of 9/11. This would be the main reason that that I think that our world is changing to peace through power. When the terrorists struck the Pentagon and the World Trade Center, they sent a message to the United States loud and clear: that they wanted to bring us down. For this reason and many others, we have been dragged into a war that is seemingly becoming costly for us day by day. The only way that we are going to end this war is by bringing our troops home or take down the terrorists once and for all. At this rate, it seems that our current president wants us to stay over in the Middle East and fight. Which is why I think that we will have to bring about peace by flexing our mighty military power.