Danielle - Antioch, Illinois

I believe in making someone’s day. Even if it means just making them smile, it is enough for me.

Working at Six Flags has given me the idea that guest friendly service is the best service to have. It helps employees look at things from a guests’ perspective, and helps make the day a little bit better for them. No one likes walking into a place where even the employees don’t want to be there, and they don’t acknowledge you. For the past four years I have been working in a guest friendly atmosphere, and there is no doubt in my mind that this is the best service out there.

Well, of course there are days where I would rather stay home, but I have come to realize that without me, there might be a ride that would not be able to open. Now, if that ride does not open, that means someone will not be able to ride, and that ride might very well be their favorite ride in the park. Now I go to work everyday with a smile on my face knowing that one of those people on my ride is having a better day.

I have also learned to show that I actually like where I work and try to go out of my way everyday to make someone happy. If it means standing with a child who is too short to ride, while their parents are riding so that they are not afraid to stand alone, then I will. If it means, riding a ride with a child who needs an adult to ride with them but their parents do not want to, I will. I have realized that if I show that I like where I am it is going to reflect onto others and they will have fun too.

Now, not only do I try to make a guests’ day more pleasant, I try and make my crew’s day because if they’re not happy it is going to show to the people that come to our rides. I make sure I talk to every single one of my crew members every day, and ask them how their day is going, because sometimes that is all it takes to make someone’s day a little brighter.

I believe that if you make someone’s day, you’re also making your day a little better also. I use this guest friendly service every time I am at work, and boy do I spend a lot of time at work, sometimes sixteen hours a day, but it is what I love to do. If I can show everyone how fun it is, hopefully they will have fun too.