Billy - Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Themes: gratitude

“I believe in the rays of sunshine between the clouds”

I believe the rays of sunshine in between the clouds are rare, but when the rays do come, they are worth every bit of the waiting. When such a ray falls upon you it contains overwhelming joyful emotions that turn your worries into sand that gently blows away with the passing breeze.

Don’t get me wrong not all rays last and not all periods of clouds are extensive. I guess it really depends on where you are in life and how you are coping with where you are. There is one universal truth however; life has its difficulties. To live properly and comply with the standard way of life means to give way to many responsibilities that cause the average person much stress. Aside from the mandatory processes of living there are also social stresses as well as personal feelings that can form their own cumulonimbus grey puff in the sky. All these things help contribute to the weight on your back, the stress flowing through your veins and the bags that rest under your eyes. Never fear however, there is hope, and this hope arrives with the rays.

It may happen at home, at work, or even in a dream. But rest assured the rays will come. And when they do come all those involvements that came with the grey masses seem miles and miles away. All that matters to you at the time is what that beautiful, warm ray holds. Whether it be a raise in your salary, a free gift, or even that special someone you’ve been dreaming of, the rays will come. And when they arrive enjoy them for all that they are worth. Try to make them last and last and last because you never know when the next thunderstorm is coming. Enjoy what you are thankful enough to have and never look at the glass as half empty, only half full. Always remember that life may seem difficult at times and you may feel like quitting, but a ray will come and turn your frown upside down. I am living in a ray.