Meira - Johnson City, Tennessee

I believe that one day there will be peace in the Holy Land.

I believe that one day people of all religions and nationalities will be able to visit the Holy Land without fear. People will all be able to pray together in their churches, mosques, and synagogues without the need for armed forces to be standing guard outside of these places of worship. There will be no differentiation between Muslims, Christians, and Jews.

I believe that one day there will be no walls or boundaries to prevent everyone from living together in harmony. Palestinian women will not have to deliver their babies in checkpoints, all the while shattering their dignity while the Israeli soldiers observe. Beautiful sunrises will not be lost behind towering walls that not only isolate Palestinians from each other, but also uproot them from their land. Olive trees will be planted, not cut down.

I believe that one day Palestinian children will not have to grow up in refugee camps while their childhood passes before their eyes. Palestinian and Israeli children will learn to be friends, not enemies.

I believe that one day Palestinians and Israelis will be able to walk freely in the Holy Land without fear of being shot at based on their nationality. I believe that peace will replace walls and soldiers.

My dream is to one day be able to visit this peaceful Holy Land.