I Believe In God

Kendy - USA

Believing in God is my strongest belief. Ten years ago I got saved. I asked him to forgive me of my sins, believed that his son Jesus died on the cross and on the third day rose again, and asked him to live in my heart. I know that there are a lot of people who believe in God but there is a difference in those who just believe and those who believe and allow him to be the Lord of their lives. My desire is for him to be the Lord of my life in all that I do.

There are several reasons why I believe in God. First of all I have faith in him and Jesus. The bible states that “faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.”(KJV Hebrews 11:1) Even though I haven’t ever seen him I know that he is real. Believing in God is kind of like the wind, you can’t see the wind buy you can feel it. I can’t see God but I know that he is real because I feel him in my everyday life.

The mercy that God chooses to give is amazing. Even though I am a Christian it doesn’t mean that I have been perfect in the past or am now. There are many times that have failed him and still do but he still chooses to love me and forgive me every time I ask him to. He loves me spite all my mistakes I make.

In the bible it says that God will always be there and never leave us. This means that he is always there. I know this personally to be true. On November 27, 2005 my mother, at the age of 51 died of lung cancer. This is the hardest thing that I have ever dealt with in my life. I felt so much pain from this happening that I couldn’t even begin to describe it. In knowing the Lord for the past 8 years prior to that date I knew that he would be my only strength to overcome this loss. I cried out to him, he held me the nights I couldn’t sleep because of the pain I felt, or the days that I felt like I couldn’t make it. God was there through it all and to this day is still there when some days are harder than other days. In being a Christian you know that one day when you die you will go to Heaven. This is where I know my mom is and so I know one day I will see her again.

The day that I became a Christian was the best day of my life. I will always through this life have hope, because of what his son Jesus did, not only for me but for everyone who will choose to accept him into their lives.