Tony - El Paso, Texas

“THIS I BELIEVE”

I believe that every human being around the world is unique. I believe this because we have so many different people that enjoy doing there own thing. They look, smell, and see everything in different perspectives. Being unique has been important all around the world. If we were all the same there would be no Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Movie stars, singers and so many other that just do there own thing.

When I was about thirteen years old, barely starting my middle school years, my friend, Josh, was worried that he wouldn’t fit in with a group of kids, “Popular Group.” Josh was trying so hard for the group to notice him. He would try anything you could think of, he would pick on people, get in trouble, not do his homework, and he would fight in school. So after so many trips to the office and a bad reputation josh was finally accepted by them. As time passed Josh and I spoke much less, then before I knew it Josh did not say one word to me. He made a big change, a change that wasn’t him. He had become something that was chosen not by him but by his peers. Josh started to notice the bad change he had made and regretted it. I told him one day to just be himself and not worry about anyone else or anything they said about him. Well he finally started to act like himself and the best thing was that the same group of people still hung out with him and respected the right change he made.

My friend’s mistake made him understand how important it is to be your own person and not let anyone change you. Everyone is unique, and and the faster you learn and understand it, the greater the person you will be.