Angel - EL PASO, Texas

I believe that we can become anything that we set are mind to. We have the power to push our selves into becoming anything. I have many reasons why I strongly believe in this. Their have been many cases in which people come from nothing and in the end become something that no one believed they could. One main example that shows how you can become anything you set your mind to is the story of Michael Jordan.

Michael Jordan loved playing basketball as a child. His love for basketball began when his older brother, Larry, continuously beat him in one-on-one pickup games. This determined Michael to become a better player. Michael Jordan tried out for his high school team during his sophomore year, but at 5 feet 11 inches he was believed to be to short for the varsity level. No one believed that he had what it took to play basketball. Instead of gibing up after failing making the team Michael Jordan used that as a motivation to prove not only to hem but to every one that he had what it took. He put it in his mind that nothing was going to stop him from doing what he loved.

The following summer Michael trained rigorously and grew four inches. Practicing hour after hour on the court he used motivation to push himself into becoming some thing no one believed he could become. Upon earning a spot on his high school varsity team, Jordan soon became the best high school player averaging 25 points per game over his final two season of high school play. Michael led his team to a state championship proving every one wrong. He earned a basketball scholarship to the University of North Carolina. Jordan left college and entered the NBA in 1984. He was selected third in the draft. Jordan became an immediate impact in the league and proved that he belonged among the elite players. Michael Jordan is the best known athlete in the world. He is leading scorer in the NBA, and has led the Chicago Bulls too many NBA Championships.

In Conclusion there are many reasons why I believe that we can become any thing we set our minds to. The story of Michael Jordan about how he came up when no one believed he could is just one of the many examples that shows how people can come from nothing and become something that no one could even imagine.