Paula - El Paso, Texas

“Enjoy your youth while you can, trust me, I know what I’m telling you.” This is what my mom has been telling me ever since I could remember. I believe that all children and teenagers should enjoy their youth. You always see young girls trying to look older by wearing a lot of makeup, wearing tight clothes, and getting fake I.D.’s.

My mom has always told me to enjoy my youth while I can because my youth will go by very fast and will be young once and just keep on getting older. At first I would roll my eyes and nod my head. But now that I’ve matured I understand why she tells me that. When I was in my early teens I wanted to be older so that I could drive, go to parties, and go on dates. But the thing that I really wanted was to turn 18.

Now that I’m 18, it’s nothing like I pictured it when I was younger. I’ve pretty much experienced everything I wanted to. I’ve done the whole party scene, gone on dates, and now I even have my car. I think that I’ve really enjoyed my youth. Even though I’m still young, I have to start getting ready for college and for a job. It’s going to be hard enjoying my youth once I go to college because of all the homework I will be given. But I’ll try to make the most of it.

I think that my mom’s and most mom’s advice are always right even if we think they don’t know anything. We should always listen to our moms or dads advice because they know what is right and wrong for us. We should enjoy our youth more than ever because we live in a country where we are free.