Arturo - El Paso, Texas

I believe strength within is better than strength from outside. If you don’t have strength within, then you will be crushed within the worlds uncaring might.

You aren’t born with this inner strength, it’s not acquired when you reach a certain age. Inner strength is gained by experience that you yourself go through. The experience can be good, but it can also be bad. I almost gave up on everything but my inner strength overcame my difficult time. I lost my father six years into my life. I didn’t believe it was true, denial written all over it. I began to question my faith, wondering why God would take those most dear to us. I was ready to throw in the towel. Then at catechism I heard the story of the three trees. The story gave me hope that maybe God has something in store for me. Though the pain was too much to bear, I knew that it wasn’t my time yet. I continued learning from the bible and I became more aware of my place here. I gained my inner strength.

Though it may be too hard to overcome, you have to stay true to yourself and you must understand that God has a reason for everything. You will eventually receive the greatest gift of all, a place in the kingdom of heaven.