Daisy - El Paso, Texas

This I Believe. . .

I believe that sometimes this life will hand you some really big problems, but sometimes the smallest things can be the greatest solution you could have asked for. To make it simpler, I think that the bigger things in life that hurt can be healed by the smallest things.

I can honestly say that love had came into my life and abruptly left me behind in the sands of time. To make a long story short, I had been in a relationship with this boy who turned my world upside down. Every moment spent with him was one to be treasured. The day came when he broke my heart, and I had had enough. I banished him from my life and cut out all means of communication with him. I thought I was so strong, then came the day I found out he was going to leave to the Air Force. I didn’t care, but as the days crept closer to his departure my world began to crumble. He was going to be gone forever. I broke down everywhere I went, I couldn’t function. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, it seemed like an eternity to me.

Then one day, an old friend came back into my life. When I saw him I couldn’t believe it, so grown up and changed. He was a grown man. He invited me to go out and just spend sometime together due to the fact that we didn’t know when we would see each other again. We went out to eat, and went for a stroll in the park. We talked about our past relationships, our deepest regrets, and how much we truly missed each other. He helped me realize that there was more for me to live for and that life will hand you these sorts of tests to help you learn. Because of him I realized that the boy who had broken my heart was not worth any of my tears, or any of the pain I had been through.

Something as small as a conversation can make the biggest things in life seem so insignificant. It is because of these two people who played such different but big parts in my life that I believe that the rain will come and go, but the sun will always shine.