Corinne - El Paso, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

I believe people take life for granted. Being a person who has seen and heard so many people take life for granted just make’s me be thankful for the life that God has so kindly allowed me to have. You could be here today and gone tomorrow.

A couple of weeks ago a good friend of mine passed away. He accidentally shot himself. He was showing it off to some other friends just before they headed out. When he returned to his bedroom to put it away on top of the closet the hand gun accidentally went off and killed him. This is really sad and careless on his part for not knowing more about this type of handgun before showing it to anyone. He was not aware that once inserting the clip and then removing it didn’t mean that all the bullets were out of the chamber. He will be greatly missed, I believe he just took his life for granted and didn’t bother to learn more on how to handle the gun. On the other hand another friend of mine, I also believe was taking life for granted. She also was in an accident, where unlike my other friend she was given a second chance to appreciate her life and stop taking it for granted. She rolled her truck several time’s and was able to come out of it fine with no injuries. The police told her that the way the truck ended up she shouldn’t be alive. My friend felt that God had given her a second chance to straiten up her way of living and stop being gay. The accident has changed her life and now she appreciates every day that is given to her to live.

Some people take little things for granted. Like food, water, shelter or even the oxygen we breathe. Some people are never satisfied, if they have food or water it’s never enough they always want more. Or if they have a home for some reason or other they want a bigger home. One thing that we all take for granted is the air that we breathe we don’t take the time to take a deep breath in the mornings. This is something that we do without even thinking, but if we just took a minute to breath that clean fresh air in the mornings we would know that we could not live with out the oxygen in the air. Or let say you have a hot day some people are ready to complain that it’s to hot or it’s too cold instead of just enjoying the day for just having that day to enjoy.

People just need to enjoy life and be thankful for what has been given to them by God to enjoy and stop taking things for granted.

This is why I try to live my life to the fullest as if this were to be my last day on this earth. I love life and enjoy it!!