Pablo - El Paso, Texas

“I believe”

I believe that if you want to succeed in life you have to work hard to do so. To succeed in life, you have to be the one that makes the decision and not someone else telling you to do so.

I know two people who don’t take high school seriously; they see it just as a way to have fun. They are supposed to be seniors and graduate in May with the rest, but till this day, they haven’t gotten out of the 9th grade. At this point, I really don’t believe they will ever get out of the 9th grade. I believe education is very important in succeeding in life, and by not getting past the 9th grade is not a very good idea. They might still have a chance to succeed, but they will have to work even harder than a person who got a high school diploma or a college degree.

I not only learn from my mistakes but I also learn from the mistakes others make. My neighbor made the mistake of buying a car for his wife and a month later buying a car for himself. He didn’t have a job where he got paid a set amount: sometimes he was paid well, and sometime he made much less. He couldn’t handle paying for both cars, and eventually the car he bought for himself was repossessed. Then the car he bought for his wife was also taken. Now, they only have one old car. In order to succeed in life you also have to think ahead, plan, work things out before you start the race and think you’re going to win.

I believe that you really have to work hard, and dedicate to succeed in life. I’m going to have to work hard because I want to drive a nice car, a nice place to live in, and all those things probably everyone wants to have in the future. I believe it takes maturity, education, and effort to succeed in life.