Benjamin - El Paso, Texas
Themes: war

War is a big problem going on in this country right now. Everyone is against it and wants it to be over, but our president thinks there’s still work to be done. As a future marine I might end up in Iraq and I’m not to excited about it.

I truly believe that we should end up with all this mess and bring all of our troops back home. There are soldiers that really miss their family and if they could quit and go back home I’m pretty sure they would. It’s not just the soldiers that suffer but the family that have been waiting for them at home. Families have to put up with it every single day and wondering if there son husband brother or friend is still alive. Especially soldiers that have children, this poor kids are growing up without there father or mother right next to them. Some didn’t even get to see there first child coming to this beautiful world. I’m pretty sure anybody would like to see there first child born and any body would think it’s a beautiful thing.

Very soon I might end up in Iraq and might even give up my life over there. Any thing could go down over there and unexpected things happen all the time. People think I’m crazy for choosing to go in this point of war, but I have faith that everything will be okay and come back safe. I can’t stop doing some thing just because everybody else is scared on doing it. All this other young adults that are around my age and are waiting to be sent over there, it’s a scary thing and we get very nervous about it. We think about how hard it’s going to be when we leave our family friends behind. It’s probably the hardest thing I’ll ever have to do in my life. The ones that are already over there probably regret getting in to it and are desperate to go back home soon.

The older soldiers should be sent to the front lines not the young people like me. I thought we were suppose to be the future. Veterans being more experienced should be doing something like helping out the younger ones and stuff like that. I’m really looking forward to being a veteran and tell my stories to other soldiers but especially to my grand sons that’s going to be awesome.

My point in this essay is that I believe war should be over already and all troops should be sent home. I don’t see any point of keeping all this soldiers over and getting killed for no reason at all. Also that even though I already signed up for the military service I’m scared of going to war so soon in this precious life of mine.