Crystal - El paso,, Texas

I believe that every individual has the power to create happiness. The reason why I believe this is because I was driving home from school and saw one of my old friends walking home. So then i pulled over and asked her if she needed a ride, she said “yes”, so she hopped in. I had asked her what was wrong, why was she sad? She told me that she she had failed a class. That’s why when i told her that it was okay, but when i was close to her house she was happy to the point where she didnt remember about her grade. This is why i believe in happiness. You can make some ones day a lot better, and actually help someone too just by a laugh or smile. It also feels good when you make someone happy, because on the inside you know that you have done the right thing. Happiness is also good for your health because crying some times hurts your health.

The other reason i believe in this is because some people live poor lives and yet find happiness within. For example: My parents had taken me to Juarez to see the children that really didn’t have much but each other. I felt pity for them, but when I saw the children playing soccer they were all happy and laughing, just having a great time. I asked myself. How can they be happy if they have no money and wore ugly cloths that looked like they were picked out of the trash. Then I stated to realize that they didn’t care about people that passed by who had nice cloths and cars. This was when i thought to myself everyone has the power to make themselves happy in this life.

I strongly believe that everyone has the power to make themselves happy. I have always been told that happiness is not a situation to be longed for. Though the power of our minds, we can help ourselves and each other.