Christelle - El Paso, Texas

Deep in my heart I believe that only god himself can judge me. Much of the way I view my self and the world around me is a result of all the messages and opinions engraved in me I’m unique from the time I was born. It was meant to be that way. There are many things that make me different from others. Appearance, beliefs, personalities, and talent are just a few. If you think about it you could probably come up with others.

I believe you should never judge a book by its cover, many people today pre judge people. The reality from this is people tend to judge negative it is never positive. In my opinion, without differences, without the originality of the single individual, our world would not have everything we have today and be in the state of malfunction!

I have become fed up of what I should drive, where should I shop, and how I should look. I can careless of what others think of me and the only thing that really matters is how I view myself. I begin to build bridges instead of walls. Not caring what others think about me has made me a stronger person and has uplifted me to grow and shine.

I have come to the conclusion that what I am capable of just about anything. For awhile I was stuck in a pitiful hole of caring what others around me thought about me, but I stepped out of my dark shell with a positive attitude “I don’t care what you think I’m unique’’. I m not going to let my friends or my surroundings bring me to that pit again for awhile you can say I was the follower of the group being someone I wasn’t until I dug out of my shell and started to shine as the leader of the pack. My friends have fallen to the wrong direction

I stand alone doing better in school, and going that extra mile at work., just being ready to do it, ready to win, ready to reach my goal. Just having that feeling that I can do it changed everything and not caring what others think was a plus. I’m ready to fight my fears, and face my goals is the biggest challenge in life. Climbing the rope of life means to me, reaching your goals, working at something I’m good at, and fighting through the negative thoughts and most important believing in yourself. Now I believe that accepting who you are comes with age, experience, and maturity. When I figure it out I think I’ll be ok with it. I don’t want to live my life wishing I was someone else. Being skinnier, wealthier, younger, older, or prettier will not guarantee happiness. It must be human nature to want what we can’t have. I want to live my life with acceptance of the things I can’t change. Maybe that will change too but I hope it doesn’t.