Alonso - El Paso, Texas

Hour after hour, day after day, note after note. Practice is what a musician must endure for long periods of time to become what their urges and potential are aiming for. As a musician, time and patience is what it takes to build technique, speed dexterity, precision, and the feeling held within the melodies. I believe in practice and dedication, a great belief and determination that will drive a person with the heart to become an image in the world of musicians.

A simple book by the name of “Hanon: The Virtuoso Pianist”. Sixty exercises guaranteed to create what it take to be a piano player. The long hours and days that pass with each harmony start to pay off with dedication This is currently the book held under my hands, the exercises which give the characteristics that will flow through my fingers onto the keys. I am trying to maintain a goal a goal of running through these exercises daily. At the minimum on any day I practice my routine warm-ups, which take 30 to 45 minutes to get my hand ready for the next section of exercises I practice. At the end of a good practice I would have practiced two to three hours. Certain exercises take physical strength as well as great mentality to complete, there are certain days where the practice gets so intense that my hands will ache.

Many people do not know what it is like to actually work and watch yourself build the base which a musician needs. Concentration and discipline are a must when practicing any instrument. People may dislike the long hours and hard work it takes. When you see yourself going beyond the verse flowing from your fingers, that is the sign needed, and you will know that you are headed for more, love what you practice, as I do.

Janee Warman, a Finnish pianist, began his journey at the age of five. Now in his early twenties, he is in a black/power metal band called “Children of Bodom”. He also has his personal project going by the name of “Warmen”. He incorporates many genres many genres of music into his projects. He grew up classically trained so it was not difficult for him to fuse what he knew into something new. He is the person who I can say pushed me to follow in his footsteps and pursue the wonders held within becoming a musician. Jordan Rudess is also now one my greatest influences at this point. He is the keyboardist for a band called “Dream Theater”. All of the members in Dream Theater come from great music schools, which makes them great musicians. Music is now a great part of my life. There is not a day that goes passes where I do not think of new ways I can bring my ideas to life. I have also recently considered becoming a music teacher after high school. Passion and desire are what will drive any musician to be something great and share their ideas with the world, this is my belief.