Jordan - Gallatin, Tennessee
Themes: sports

Running Makes Me Stronger

Crossing the finish line is always the most rewarding part of any race I run, but it’s not because of the cheering crowd or maybe a trophy. It’s the accomplishment, a new personal record, a new time, a strong run from start to finish. It’s been tough, but I made it. I’ve made it to the end.

I believe that running makes me stronger.

Some say that running is mind over matter. So I have to tell myself that I can do this. I can finish this race. Running gives me confidence. I’m a runner, and I’m going to finish strong.

Some said that I would never stick with running. It’s been over a year now before I did my first three-mile training run for the Country Music Half-Marathon, and I’m determined to keep running, not only for physical reasons, but mentally as well. Often times I come home from school and running is all I want to do. It relieves stress. I turn on my music and I take off down the road.

Running is my time in Half-Marathon training season. It’s my time to prove to myself that I can do this eleven-mile run. It’s my run with my music. It’s my time.

This was my first year in Cross-country, and in Cross-country, it’s no longer just my time. It’s my time with my team. We all work together to do our best. One person can’t win it for everybody. Everybody has to cross to get points to win the meet.

Because of our effort, we placed third in the regional meet and made it to state. I don’t do well for me anymore. I run for my team and my school. I want to get a new personal record not only for me, but for my school and team. Running makes me stronger.

Running gives me a confidence. It gives me discipline. I have something that keeps me going. It keeps me moving. Running has taught me to challenge myself, to run that extra mile even though it hurts and I’ll be sore in the morning.

I never thought I would be a runner. I used to think runners were crazy, and I never thought it would be something I would enjoy. I’ve heard for years about a runner’s high, and that’s what I’ve come to have.

I believe that running makes me stronger. It’s one thing for me to do that I enjoy. Running is for me. Every time I get ready to run, I want to beat my time. When I head our onto the road, I can hear my coach’s voice, “Go! Go! Go!”, “P-R! P-R!” (personal record)

Running has taught me discipline. It’s what I do in the afternoon, even in the rain. (Sometimes those runs are the most fun.) Running has taught me I can do whatever I put my mind to, even the hills that make me want to throw-up once I get to the top, or the final sprint-in for the 5k race in 30 degree weather. Running takes me places I never thought I would be – discipline, confidence, a team of new friends, an encouraging coach, and some bragging rights. Running gives me new goals, a new mind set, some time for me. Running makes me stronger.