Janna - Knoxville, Tennessee

My Best Friends

I have never really believed in, or had a best friend. I always thought that it wasn’t necessary. I had plenty of friends, so why should I choose one to be my “best”. Then it dawned on me. I have best friends; I always have and always will. They have been with me my whole life. Before I reveal who my best friends are I’d first like to tell why they are my ‘best friends’.

My best friends are there for me whenever I need them. They have been there when I am sick, when I am down, and even when I’m mad. They are around when I am happy, when I’m being stupid, and even when I’m normal. I can go to them and tell by deepest secret or share my thoughts. They laugh with me, cry with me, and are crazy with me. My best friends are always by my side backing me up. We are able to look back on life and laugh about the stupid fights we’ve had, and all the crazy and silly things we have done. We have are disagreements and are similarities. We clash at some moments and mesh at others.

So as I was looking at this list of items that I thought a best friends should be I realized that I have a group of people that fit the bill; my family. My family and I have the best and worst of times together but when it is all said and done, we still love each other the same, maybe even more. This wasn’t and isn’t always the case. I have my moments when I think that I could live without them because I have gotten so frustrated with them. But in the end I realize that life will never be the same without my family. A lot of people are unable to say that about their family. But as I continue the journey of life I will never need to fear that I won’t have any friends because I know that I will always have my family. My family is best friends, This I believe.