Kayla - Knoxville, Tennessee
Themes: carpe diem

Just Live

Live each day as if it were your last, you never know what tomorrow will bring. A lesson Coach Bill Wilson taught and lived. Coach Wilson was one of those people that you meet and even if you never saw him again you would always remember him and something that he said to you whether it was about a football game or lesson of life. Coach Wilson had a deep love for football, and most of all his family. Yet he always managed to find time to help someone in need. He truly lived each day as though it could be his last.

Being a healthy 58-year-old man and die from a heart attack really does show how fast life can be taken away; which I guess means why life is so valuable. Today as a college student I am busier then ever. I am always running to class, doing homework or working long hours catering. I have gotten to the point where I spend so much time doing things that I hardly ever see my family or friends. Is this the way the rest of my life is going to be? Always on the go, complaining that there are not enough hours in the day. Right now I am always putting off going to the movies with friends or going to some party that everybody seems to be at. I am so concerned for my future. I worry about getting a job that is good enough, so I will put off plans so I can spend some extra time on homework just to be sure I get the right grades. I am worried that I will stumble on a hard time and just not have enough money to pull through, so I will pull another 12 hours just to ensure I get a juicier paycheck. Time is passing me by; I am living each day for my future. I assume that it is ok to some extent but I am living so much in my future I have lost sight of my present.

I have seen how quickly life can be taken away even if you do live the most out of each day. Lets just say I did die tomorrow, why couldn’t I have just kicked backed seen a movie instead of working that extra 12 hours. After all I am only 18, I have plenty of time to live each day as if it were my last. That is what I believe.