Erin - Goshen, Indiana

I believe that a mother can also be a best friend. I say this because my mom is mine. If it wasn’t for her, I would have lost my sanity many years ago. She has always been one step behind me, catching me when I’d stumble.

A couple of years back I went through an ordeal that changed nearly every aspect of my life, and it was extremely hard to get through. I believe I’ve already experienced the hardest challenge I will ever be faced with, and even when other friends abandoned me, my mom was always right there with me. Regardless of the fact that we are so close, I have the up most respect for her, and she never hesitated to knock me in my place when I needed it. Mothers can in fact make the best of friends for this simple reason; they’ve watched you grow and have grown themselves for (X) amount of years, and they know all of your flaws, but they are still always right there for you. My friends in and out of school have changed and will continue to change every year, but my mom always has and always will be by my side.

And this I believe.