Cassandra - Stafford, Texas

Being honest is easy. I know a lot of people would disagree to this because being honest is sometimes the hardest thing to do. Most people’s problem is being honest, but opposite from the contrary my problem is being too honest. Some people call me bitter, some people call me stuck up, some people call me rude, and some people even call me conceited, but deep down inside I just can not help but to tell the truth. People have tried to change me telling me that if I do not people will perceive me as a “female dog”, but everyone knows that I am hard headed and stick to my belief whether they like it or not. Honestly, I would not care if people perceived me that way because that is the way I am whether they like it or not. My boyfriend is definitely one of the nicest people that I know. It is quite ironic how he ended up with me, such a “mean” person. Out of all people, my boyfriend, Johnny, was the one that had to do the most adjusting to my personality. He did not know why I was so honest to people that he even recommended me to go to church again so I could become a nicer person. Thank God, I have a best friend that is quite the character and is straightforward just like me. I could not relate to anyone else while gossiping except for her, since both of us believe in the same things. Even though this whole essay has been about how “mean” I am, let me clarify that I am a very sweet person, just do not get on my bad side! I believe that being a good friend is being honest. I rather tell my friend that her dress is super ugly than oh my god, it is so cute, because I want to save the humiliation later on. Although sometimes I do not want to hurt my friends, I want to tell them my honest opinion because they ask for my honest opinion, not just the reply that they want to hear. I have learned the hard way that no matter what people say about you or think about you, if you can not be who you are with comfort; they are probably not the right people to be involved with. I believe being blunt is okay.